« People's Park | Main | Science? »

April 3, 2005

Dead?

I just heard something about the Pope died. Is that true? Was he sick?

Posted by Dave Johnson at April 3, 2005 4:03 PM

Comments

Please remember this at Christmas when Fox News bitches about everyone saying Happy Holidays.

Posted by: the bachelor at April 3, 2005 4:23 PM

Sure - funny joke on a blog. Not funny in a grocery store as I found out this morning.

Posted by: eRobin at April 3, 2005 4:49 PM

Maybe we can show Bill Frist some 4 year old video footage and find out what killed the Pope.

Posted by: Mr.Snrub at April 3, 2005 6:21 PM

You joke, but it was the Pope (along with Reagan and Thatcher) who saved the European Continent from your brand of radical leftist views (i.e. Communism/Socialism)

It is sad though that on the occaision of his death we have in the world the creeping spread of moronic leftism (I know redundant) once again (in Zimbabwe and Argentina for example) hopefully we can nip it in the bud this time before it slaughters another 100 million innocent non-combatants.

Posted by: Pericles at April 3, 2005 6:58 PM

I just tried to post a comment, and it failed.

Posted by: MJ at April 4, 2005 4:58 AM

Well! THAT posted so God doesn't want me saying unkind things about the Pope?

NJ is flooding badly, Trenton is flooded and the statehouse is closed because the Delaware River is overflowing, Princeton probably is flooded too, where CJ and I lived and got married, and I can't find out a damned thing about where because the only news that's being reported is about the dead Pope, like we don't know that already. Philadelphia's flooded, too. So is a lot of Connecticut and I would assume some of NY state must be, but you'd think that doesn't matter at all compared to the laying out of the Pope.

Let's see if this gets posted.

Posted by: MJ at April 4, 2005 5:01 AM

Heh! That paragraph got posted, so let's see if I can get the second paragraph to post:

Nope. The nasty paragraph simply will not post! I said that this Pope had his accomplishments, but he was also an ultraconservative bastard who brought the reforms the church had been making to a screeching halt, and favored the oppression of women and the poor.

Posted by: MJ at April 4, 2005 5:14 AM