« Storkists | Main | Beef and Possum »

May 16, 2005

Getting government out of our lives?

-- by Thomas Leavitt

This arrived in my mailbox yesterday... think it apropos on the messaging/framing front.

From the Sunday Portland Oregonian:
"Other than telling us how to live, think, marry, pray, vote, invest, educate our children and, now, die, I think the Republicans have done a fine job of getting government out of our personal lives."

Posted by Thomas Leavitt at May 16, 2005 11:06 AM

Comments

That just about says it all

Posted by: John at May 16, 2005 12:15 PM

Scary/funny and true!

Posted by: Helga Fremlin at May 16, 2005 4:25 PM

Thanks Thomas, I needed a laugh.

Posted by: Nancy at May 16, 2005 4:44 PM

Your just another biasd and liberal group out to get ANY political party that thinks everyone should have all the rights they want except the ones that offend you (wearing religious appearal in public)

Posted by: Anonymous at May 16, 2005 5:41 PM

CLASSIC

Put it on a bumper sticker

Posted by: Anonymous at May 16, 2005 6:11 PM

BWHAhahahahahaha. Anon, you crack me up.

What's the matter, 'fraid to put your name to your words? (incidently, there are a number of good spell-checkers out there)

Posted by: Thomas Ware at May 16, 2005 9:29 PM

Yup, we should be grateful to the Republicans for allowing us the freedoms that they believe we should have. I'm waiting for them to finish what they are presently doing and focus on getting us straightened out on the internet. I mean, we're just running amuk here. So many people talking about so many things. We need the Republican's guidence to tell us what we can and cannot talk about. But, forgive me. I failed to have enough faith in their ability to control us. I am confident that they will take over the internet soon and then we can all calmly have the choice of either becoming unconscience or totally brain dead.

Posted by: Jane Algozzini at May 17, 2005 11:37 AM