« Letter I Wrote | Main | Interest-ing »

May 15, 2005

It's Because They ARE Gay

Frank Rich asks Just How Gay Is the Right?

I'll say it a little clearer: The rabidly anti-homosexual wingnuts are obviously gay and ashamed of it.

Why else would they be insisting that the presence of gay people risks "luring" straight people to become homosexual? This wouldn't even occur to a person who is not fighting such urges.

Why else would they be insisting that being gay is a "lifestyle choice?" These are people who think they can act straight, and are fighting their impulses every minute of their lives.

It's obvious. And it's why so any of them DO turn out to be gay and living double lives.

Update - From the comments, this, with my favorite line,

This time they bring out a beautiful porterhouse and a freshly roadkilled possum. Do you see the difference? Only someone who was truly fond of possum AND beef would see it as a choice.
"Beef and Possum" -- sounds like a great name for a gay bar.

Update - A great name for a blog: "Beef and Possum." What do you think?

Update II - Take the poll!

Posted by Dave Johnson at May 15, 2005 10:02 AM

Bookmark and Share

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference It's Because They ARE Gay:

» Gay-bashing queers from The Alternate Brain
Seems to me he's got it exactly right. [Read More]

Tracked on May 15, 2005 10:29 AM

» Uh-Huh from Shakespeare's Sister
The entire idea that homosexuals somehow seduce others into being gay is patently absurd to anyone who is even remotely secure with his or her sexuality. Even straight folks who fall somewhere more toward the center of the spectrum know that their oc... [Read More]

Tracked on May 16, 2005 12:52 PM

» Frank Rich Wonders How Gay They Are from daily dose of queer
Just How Gay Is the Right, an OP-ED piece on the war on gays, appeared in the May 15th New York Times. I thought I'd take a look and see what some of the reactions have been in the blogosphere. What they're saying... Seeing the Forest: I'll say i... [Read More]

Tracked on May 18, 2005 11:52 AM

Comments

This is as old as time. Many biblical scholars suspect the Bible's Paul (Paul of Tarsus) was gay.
Bishop John Shelby Spong is one who advances this theory in Rescuing the Bible from Fundamentalism.

Posted by: Ron Beasley at May 15, 2005 10:57 AM

As I research Leo Strauss, political philosopher, cult leader and idol of the neocons, I'm only finding dark hints about the gayness of his followers. I have more research to do on exactly this topic and I'd appreciate any information. I do know that gay kids were flocking to the U. of Chicago back in the dark 40s and 50s like bees to honey because the word was out that it was a safe haven for gays. That's why many of my friends went there, and believe me they needed a safe and receptive place to go. You can't imagine how horrible conditions were for gays.

Exactly why they'd then turn around and try to bring back the bad old days is something we need to think about. Interesting psychological phenomenon! There was a certain glamor and danger about being gay then; one could be a member of what was really a truly elite and exclusive in-group, and now it's merely ordinary and normal to be gay. Couples living together, raising families, and going to the Episcopal Church just like everybody else.

Posted by: MJ at May 15, 2005 12:48 PM

I not only agree, I posted an expanded version of this concept a while back over at meanderthalwhere I blog. It was also a column in our local alt weekly. I think you will like what I say and how I say it but, if you don't, feel free to show me where the holes in the logic are.

Posted by: CAFKIA at May 15, 2005 1:29 PM

Kewl!!

Thanx for the pat on the back. And yes, that does sound like a good name for a gay bar, a little scary but good.

One friend of mine said that he had a wingnut coworker that he made read the column in the newspaper and after that, he would ask him every day "So, what did you choose today? Are hetero or homo today?" It warmed the cockles(sp?) of my heart to hear that.

Posted by: CAFKIA at May 15, 2005 2:36 PM

King James, the openly gay blade that conscripted that work of fiction known as "the bible"...

BWahahahahahahahaha...

Damn, I been tryin' all day and I just can't flush the fucking thing down the toilet.

Posted by: Thomas Ware at May 15, 2005 8:25 PM