« Off With His Head! | Main | Carter's "Malaise" Speech »

May 4, 2005

Today's Housing Bubble Post II

Jeeze!

Posted by Dave Johnson at May 4, 2005 9:10 PM

Comments

You pay roughly the same prices in Sydney, Australia Dave!

Posted by: Helga Fremlin at May 4, 2005 11:20 PM

That does seem a bit steep. Maybe you are paying for the mineral rights because it is sitting on a gold seam.

Posted by: Stehen at May 5, 2005 2:51 AM

That's crazy, 676 sq ft in Salina for $440K.

Of course, what's to stop the owner from listing the place for $800,000 and a beanie baby?

Posted by: DrLaniac at May 5, 2005 3:47 AM

I should have sent Dave the brochure I got a couple of days ago about new apartments here for 3 and 6 million. At least they have two bathrooms.

Posted by: MJ at May 5, 2005 6:56 AM

Gad. That house is seriously ugly!

Posted by: cookie at May 5, 2005 5:13 PM

That has to be the most atrocious little beast of a house I've ever seen. I seriously can't believe the price for that ugly thing.Thank goodness I live where i do. For that kind of money you can still get a little land with the house and the house wouldn't be that godawful.

Posted by: Kay at May 5, 2005 7:23 PM

Hmm... geez, that would only require an income of around $100,000 a year. Split two ways, that'd be $60,000 a year apiece (once you could overhead costs arising from both people working 40 hours plus 10 hours commute time a month). Doable. Hey, that'd be three times as big as my current apt. Seriously spacious! :)

Posted by: Thomas Leavitt at May 6, 2005 7:08 PM

It's a hut!

My camping tent is 1/2 as large, and it was free to boot!

Thanks for posting the listing. It really brings the facts home: Nevermind when it will burst; this really and truly a bubble.

So glad I won't be owning that sucker when the prices collapse!

Posted by: Gaianne at May 7, 2005 6:56 AM

440k for that little POS? INSANE! No wonder people in CA end up living in their cubicles.

With all the zero princial paid mortgages now it is only a matter of time until the whole thing crashes like the Hindenberg

Posted by: naturalist at May 9, 2005 4:47 PM