May 25, 2005
-- by Dave Johnson
One 200-person Wal-Mart store may result in a cost to federal taxpayers of $420,750 per year – about $2,103 per employee. Specifically, the low wages result in the following additional public costs being passed along to taxpayers PER STORE:NO WONDER their prices are so low -- WE'RE making up the difference through our taxes!! And THEY'RE pocketing the profits!
* $36,000 a year for free and reduced lunches.
* $42,000 a year for Section 8 housing assistance.
* $125,000 a year for federal tax credits and deductions for low-income families.
* $100,000 a year for the additional Title I expenses.
* $108,000 a year for the additional federal health care costs of moving into state children's health insurance programs.
* $9,750 a year for the additional costs for low income energy assistance.
Go see the website.
Through American Street.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference What Can I Do?:
Tracked on May 26, 2005 11:51 AM
I pledge allegiance to the Price Tag of the United States of MEXA/CHINA and to the Great WAL/MART for which it stands.
One Nation Undermined, Devisable with Management’s view of NonUnion liberty and Injustice for ALL.
Low Price tag guarantee:
We buy from off shore to cut the throat of American Labor.
China will Buy us (USA) with out firing a shot. (Like Japan bought Oahu.)
Even the Playing Field:
Look for a Union Label or products made in the United States of America.
While you can still find them!
Out Sourcing is Un-American Trading!
By Roy Olsen
Posted by: pushn70 at May 28, 2005 3:48 AM
Post a comment
Thanks for signing in, . Now you can comment. (sign out)(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)