« Blaming | Main | Microsoft pays reward for Sasser hackers »

July 8, 2005

Pick a Judge, Not a Fight!

The best short statement abouut the Supreme Court vacancy(ies) came to me from People For the American Way, "Tell the President: Pick a Judge, Not a Fight!"

That was in an e-mail and I can't find a web page there with that line, but I'll send people to PFAW anytime, anyway. So go visit PFAW.

Repeat after me: "Tell the President: Pick a Judge, Not a Fight!"

Posted by Dave Johnson at July 8, 2005 2:26 PM

Comments

Usually the fight is picked by the Senate Democrats.

Posted by: Pericles at July 8, 2005 3:13 PM

Demcorats fight? I knew you were crazy, P, but that's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond crazy!

What a dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb slogan. And an even dumber idea. It assumes that there is a non-zero probability that Bush could select a nominee who SHOULD NOT BE FOUGHT AGAINST TOOTH AND NAIL WITH EVERY FUCKING LAST BIT OF STRENGTH YOU HAVE. It assumes a triangulated defeat before you even start. DUMB, DUMB, DUMB, FUCKING DUMB, and DUMB!

God, I think I hate Democorats even more than repugs. What morons! And cowards! And did I say morons?!

Posted by: richard at July 8, 2005 5:22 PM

Tell me, Richard,

What kind of nominee would you not fight against?

Me, I don't like Gonzales since he is not a supporter of the second amendment; I don't like a Souter since he is dead-set against property rights and is for Wal-mart using government to grab your property for themselves; I don't like most because they are for political ideology (power of the central gov) over principles (letting people and states do what they wish)*

I was pleased by the "conservatives" on the court who are usually anti-legalization in their support of medical marijuana laws for principled reasons; and I was disgusted by the lefties on the court for betraying principles (allowing people to live-and-let-live) for politcal ideology.

Posted by: Pericles at July 8, 2005 5:36 PM

Just so no readers are misled here, the judges you are referring to as "liberals" were appointed by conservative Republicans like Reagan.

Posted by: Dave Johnson at July 8, 2005 5:44 PM

I know, but since Republican Presidents generally don't ask their nominees to pass a ideological 'litmus' test they can change to opposing the President who appointed them's ideology.

Posted by: Pericles at July 8, 2005 5:50 PM

Is it the judges who changed - or the Republican Party?

And don't forget, you previously insisted that you are independent of the Republicans. Heh.

Posted by: Dave Johnson at July 8, 2005 6:04 PM

I am independent of them, it does not mean that I necessarily have to hate them or not agree with them from time to time.

Posted by: Pericles at July 8, 2005 6:08 PM