« Operation Truth | Main | Greens mourn loss of Marine lives in Iraq »

August 5, 2005

Comments?

-- by Thomas Leavitt

Hey folks... registering with TypeKey is not that hard - I did it. As a writer, speaking into a vacuum is kind of discouraging - feedback lets you know that people are reading your work, and reacting to it. Please - register with TypeKey today, and comment on the posts here at STF. If you have any issues with Typekey, or need help registering, feel free to drop me a line about them at: seetheforest@thomasleavitt.org

Posted by Thomas Leavitt at August 5, 2005 6:03 PM

Comments

Sorry! I know how that feels!

Posted by: The Green Knight at August 5, 2005 7:24 PM

I don't have a TypeKey identity, and this appears to be going through just fine. In the absence of any technological barrier, it seems you need some other explanation for the lackluster feedback. (Hint: whining at your readers won't generally get them to comment more.)

Posted by: sennoma at August 5, 2005 10:11 PM

I'm listening.

Posted by: Bribes [TypeKey Profile Page] at August 6, 2005 12:33 AM

Actually I turned off the registration requirement a little while ago to see if the comment spam was gone. So far so good.

Dave

Posted by: Dave Johnson at August 6, 2005 8:29 AM

Well, it's all dependent upon whether Typekey chooses to recognize you at any given time. There have been days where I have to log in at least a half dozen times in order to comment at a half dozen different blogs. :)

Posted by: Elayne Riggs at August 6, 2005 1:36 PM

Just wanted to say thanks, I've been reading you 2x week for a year, on top of about 8 total blogs. I think you have a distinctive, intelligent voice, and will try to comment in the future if anything strikes me. I like how you frame things.

Of topic, what do you think of this?:

Posted by: jim at August 6, 2005 4:29 PM

I've been reading you, among 10 blogs, daily for two years. Thanks for all your work. I like how you frame things. From now on I'll try to comment when things strike me.

Posted by: jm1963 at August 6, 2005 4:37 PM

... yeah, seems like the Typekey system is less than perfect. Typekey authentication failures are logged, so if you have consistent problems, email us, and we can take a look at the logs and see if there's anything we can do.

Thanks for all the positive feedback.

Posted by: Thomas Leavitt at August 6, 2005 5:22 PM

I prefer the regular comment system. I have a typekey identity but I'd rather do this. Nyaa nyaa nyaa.

Posted by: Avedon at August 7, 2005 7:42 PM

Sigh - checked my email box this morning, the spammers are back. Am sure Dave has a lot more notifications than I do.

Posted by: Thomas Leavitt at August 7, 2005 8:06 PM

I just got back from an afternoon trip and there were over 70 comment spams to delete... so comment registration is back on.

Posted by: Dave Johnson [TypeKey Profile Page] at August 7, 2005 8:57 PM

Good that you incorparated typepad here.

Posted by: susan [TypeKey Profile Page] at September 4, 2006 11:16 PM