« The Two Most Beautiful Women In America | Main | Did Ashcroft Give Rove a Heads-Up? »

August 14, 2005

Senator Calls Mother Of Slain Soldier "The Enemy!"

Daily Kos: My GOP US Senator on Cindy Sheehan: the enemy,

My wife has a job that requires her to work in Sam's Warehouse & today she came in contact with Sen. Jim DeMint, and one thing she asked him was his opinion on the "lady down in Texas" as I think she recounted it.

His answer: "those people are the enemy".

Tis Senator is talking about the mother of a US soldier who was killed in Iraq!

Posted by Dave Johnson at August 14, 2005 5:57 PM

Comments

I wonder if Tweety is going to dissect DeMint's statement the way he did Howard Dean's. Nah.

IOKIYAR!

Posted by: Gary Boatwright [TypeKey Profile Page] at August 14, 2005 7:14 PM

yeah, well he can say he thinks we're "the enemy" all he wants. wake me up when he starts to act like we're the enemy.

Posted by: s9 [TypeKey Profile Page] at August 14, 2005 7:55 PM

I forgot to mention that I found out today that David Duke just endorsed Cindy. You can read about it on my blog.

Posted by: Gary Boatwright [TypeKey Profile Page] at August 14, 2005 8:50 PM

May the Sheehanator blow him to political bits.

Jim DeMint (R-South Carolinastan) is little more than a pure-party Republican all the way. My party right-or-wrong and all that. In terms of ideology though, he's worse than Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolinastan). If you missed it, DeMint also tried a new attack on Social Security.

Posted by: publicdomainprogress [TypeKey Profile Page] at August 15, 2005 12:37 PM

You may want to nuke that second Gary Boatwright comment. It's by a, well, a something calling it self Vote Hillary 2008 at MyDD which doesn't like Gary and started up that fake blog to abuse him.

Posted by: paperwight [TypeKey Profile Page] at August 15, 2005 1:52 PM

As tipping popints go, this has a chance to become a significant one.

I say this becaue it seems that Rethuglican Hawks big and small have chosen to demonize this mother of a fallen soldier. She's an an American (par-excelance), who's soul has been stricken with the deepest and most mortal a wound as a human can survive. Should this condemnation of Cindy Sheehan continue en-mass, then the voices of intolerance will truly expose themselves in a way that for all intents and purposes, lays bare a basic motivation that is simply vile and heartless.

Should that happen, justice might ensue, and vindication for Cindy Sheehan will not take long.

One can hope.