« Strategy For Success | Main | Ask Phil to return $25,000 in ChevronTexaco donations »

October 7, 2005

Comments Open Again

I have upgraded to a Movable Type 3.2, which is supposed to have some anti-spam features. So I have operened up comments, and they do not require TypeKey registration. Let's see how this works out.

Posted by Dave Johnson at October 7, 2005 11:48 AM

Comments

Yeah, I guess it works.

Posted by: richard at October 7, 2005 12:14 PM

I tried a message that said something about exciting online pee oh kay ee are. It was rejected, though very cryptically.

Posted by: richard at October 7, 2005 12:16 PM

Regarding your earlier posts about voting machines; I wanted to let you know that Thom Hartman is heading up an effort here in Oregon, together with some open source software guys to get our vote coutning machines outfitted with open source software. Our Secretary of State, Bill Bradbury is a progressive and I expect he may well cooperate.

Posted by: Don Beal at October 7, 2005 12:36 PM

Another comments test to see if comments are being e-mailed to me.

Posted by: Dave Johnson [TypeKey Profile Page] at October 7, 2005 1:29 PM

Thanks for that move, Dave!

Posted by: Anonymous at October 7, 2005 1:31 PM

There is only one solution to the election theft problem: paper ballots (optionally prepared with the assistance of machines) in conjunction with ubiquitous exit polls. Anything else is trivially corruptible.

Posted by: richard at October 7, 2005 1:48 PM

Why are all my comments being held? The page received after comment submission says that only my first comment will be held. Or something like that.

Posted by: richard at October 7, 2005 1:50 PM

It says: Your comment has been received. To protect against malicious comments, I have enabled a feature that allows your comments to be held for approval the first time you post a comment. I'll approve your comment when convenient; there is no need to re-post your comment.

That is clearly not what it's doing.

Posted by: richard at October 7, 2005 1:51 PM

I don't know what it's doing yet. You're registered as a trusted commenter, which shouldn't matter. And I'm only getting comment notification e-mails once in a while...

I'll get it fixed.

Posted by: Dave Johnson [TypeKey Profile Page] at October 7, 2005 5:21 PM

Let's see if this version's filters are as censorhappy as the last ones, which gave me cryptic error messages at random points, until I figured out that any reference to... what was it? Breasts? Or just plain s.e.x? caused the mysterious posting failures.

Yep.

Posted by: Thomas Leavitt at October 8, 2005 6:00 AM

And stay away from p.o.k.e.r! :)

Posted by: richard at October 8, 2005 12:41 PM