« The American Press | Main | Steve Young for Congress »

November 28, 2005

Alternative News

I hope you all stop in every day at BuzzFlash - Daily Headlines and Breaking News. And tell your firends and relatives, too.

Other great sources are Common Dreams, truthout, The Smirking Chimp and AlterNet.

Of course I assumed you already visit Raw Story several times a day.

Who is at the top of your list?

Update - I was going to links to news, non-blogs. Anyway, commenters add:

Truthout was already up there

Yellow Dog Blog
Steve Gilliard, Once Upon a Time, Talking Points Memo
Information Clearinghouse
The Next Hurrah

Of course, I recommend every blog on the blogroll over on the left. ESPECIALLY the ones you haven't heard of. That's where the FRESH perspective comes from. That's where the story you haven't heard about comes from. Try to make a habit of checking out a new blog every week or so.

BushWatch

Posted by Dave Johnson at November 28, 2005 8:39 AM

Comments

Jesus' General is my start page. I also frequent Hullabaloo and Eschaton, All Hat No Cattle, Bag News Notes, Crooks and Liars, and the Daou Report.

No wonder I never get anything done!!

Posted by: Molly Douthett at November 28, 2005 11:24 AM

I visit and enjoy all of those mentioned, but gotta' say one of my big "faves" is Bob Geiger's Yellow Dog Blog!!! Never miss it! Just sayin'.....

Posted by: Scorpiowoman [TypeKey Profile Page] at November 28, 2005 11:56 AM

Steve Gilliard, Once Upon a Time, Talking Points Memo

Posted by: jojo at November 28, 2005 12:07 PM

I start every morning at DU and then proceed to every site mentioned in an angry/orderly fashion while listening to CNN. Then it is on to the foreign press.

Posted by: Vinnie at November 28, 2005 12:19 PM

Information Clearinghouse is absolutely essential.

Posted by: damart at November 28, 2005 12:45 PM

Posted by: Gary Boatwright [TypeKey Profile Page] at November 28, 2005 12:58 PM

I enjoy all of those mentioned as well, Dave!

Posted by: Helga Fremlin at November 28, 2005 1:30 PM

Yes ther are several listed that I do check.The daou report.Democrats and liberals,democratic underground.A couple of others.So...I'm just wondering if I'm the only one here that checks out daily kos every day too.Cuz...I gotta say that is my favorite.I guess its a community thing.It's unique.

Posted by: kay at November 28, 2005 8:19 PM

You might also want to read the progressive news reports on DemocracyNow.org and InnWorldReport.net. Pull up yesterdays news reports on these two websites and you will be very suprised at what you learn.

Posted by: banjopuk [TypeKey Profile Page] at November 29, 2005 7:05 AM