« To Be Fair? | Main | Guard Henhouse »

February 24, 2006

Comments

Due to a massive increase in comment spam - they appear to have found a way around the spam filters - I'm implementing controls on comments again, for a little while. If you have commented before you are likely already approved. I can approve you as a commenter the first time - the coment will be held until I approve it -- or you can get a TypeKey account.

Please leave a comment to test if things are working.

This is temporary, I hope.

Update - troll hat is working now in the comments - go look in some of the comment threads. They are assigned on a comment-by-comment basis, and require me to edit the comment. It isn't automatic. Level 1 troll: , level 2 troll: , level 3 troll: (no hat, just gone.)

Update - by comment spam I mean ads for drugs, gambling sites, and really bad stuff. Wingnuts are welcome to comment here as long as they don't get abusive. But I am likely to put a troll hat on them. (By the way, posting obnoxious stuff just to get a troll hat is more likely to get you banned than get you a hat.)

Posted by Dave Johnson at February 24, 2006 3:22 PM

Comments

testing testing

Posted by: HappyOD [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 24, 2006 3:49 PM

Testing the troll hat:

Posted by: Dave Johnson [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 24, 2006 4:11 PM

testing testing can you hear me now, I moved my keyboard. Wow this was a pain, I had to redo everything with typepad.
I'm not the spammer am I?

Posted by: scrugun [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 24, 2006 4:30 PM

I want a hat! Give me a hat!

Posted by: richard [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 24, 2006 4:31 PM

I had to sign in.

This seems to happen every time things get politically hot, and they rarely get much hotter than they are right now!

Posted by: MJ [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 24, 2006 4:33 PM

It's about ads that computers put here automatically, not political stuff. I get hundreds sometimes, and have to delete them by hand.

Posted by: Dave Johnson [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 24, 2006 5:06 PM

Whew, thats a relief Dave, I try not to get political or voice an opinion on this site.
It's the darn computers,huh? Don't they have to sign in also?

Posted by: scrugun [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 24, 2006 5:35 PM

Testing if I have deactivated the bad words filter: shit.

Posted by: Dave Johnson [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 24, 2006 5:36 PM

Testing, testing, Chairman Mao Testing.

(As we used to say when I was a kid.)

Posted by: jimBOB [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 24, 2006 6:31 PM

I'm in shock. I really didn't expect this. ....................................................................................................................................................... Please bear with me, I didn't prepare any remarks. .......................................OK, of course, no one can earn the coveted gold hat without alot of help. First I'd like to thank Ronald Reagan for reviving conservatism and giving us the courage to speak out. Of course, Rush Limbaugh and the staff at the Limbaugh Institute for Advanced Conservative Study. Ummmmmmm, I really just feel good about being nominated in such esteemed company. I'm sure we all agree that soon, sickofspin will be up here with his own golden sock. Also, my wife and three kids, love ya guys. And thanks to them members of the blog. Thank you.

Posted by: HappyOD [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 24, 2006 8:07 PM

SickofSpin earned more than a hat.

So, let me know if you get a bonus for earning the big hat, maybe we can work something out.

Posted by: Dave Johnson [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 24, 2006 8:12 PM