« Shit Hitting Fan In Iraq | Main | Today's Housing Bubble Post »

February 22, 2006

Was Cheney Drunk?

Dick Cheney, kicked out of college for drinking, convicted twice for DUI, who says he "only had one beer" before shooting a guy in the face with a shotgun and then not following his friend to the hospital after, then described as fixing himself a cocktail after the shooting before going to a dinner party, and then using the Secret Service to keep the sherriff away until at least the next day...

Capitol Hill Blue - Secret Service agents say Cheney was drunk when he shot lawyer. Is this POSSIBLE???

A written report from Secret Service agents guarding Vice President Dick Cheney when he shot Texas lawyer Harry Whittington on a hunting outing two weeks ago says Cheney was "clearly inebriated" at the time of the shooting.

Posted by Dave Johnson at February 22, 2006 3:58 PM

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Was Cheney Drunk?:

» Affidavits Detail Cheney Hunter Shooting from Unpartisan.com Political News and Blog Aggregator
Witness accounts about the day Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shot a hunting partner mostly [Read More]

Tracked on February 22, 2006 8:44 PM

» To Be Fair? from Seeing the Forest
Digby comments about Kevin Drum writing about what he calls the toxic stew of cherry picking, half truths, and outright misrepresentations currently being used to demonize the UAE as a virtual arm of al-Qaeda.Digby writes,Like Pakistan, another close a... [Read More]

Tracked on February 24, 2006 3:12 PM

Comments

Blue has a habit of posting outrageous items and quotes which always cite evidence that no one else has and which cannot be verified. His bit on Bush supposedly saying he doesn't care about the U.S. Constitution was equally suspicious. Obviously I'd like to believe what this guy writes, but his track record is suspect.

Posted by: Mark Spittle [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 22, 2006 4:26 PM

A very old friend of mine is a Secret Sevice agent. He's not a Cheney fan. He called me and told me there's more to this than what I've been writing but wouldn't give me any clues. Then someone else did give me a clue-- that Cheney never drinks beer when he hunts. It makes him pee. He drinks whiskey. I don't know if it's true or bull and I didn't even put it on my own blog yet. Take it with a grain of salt.

Posted by: Down With Tyranny at February 22, 2006 5:12 PM

Capitol Hill Blue shouldn't even be used as a source for DC weather. They're likely to a report rain of frogs

Posted by: Dr. Laniac [TypeKey Profile Page] at February 23, 2006 3:23 AM

OK, if you guys think it's so easy to hunt quail with a lawyer every 5 feet, try this:

Posted by: HappyOD at February 23, 2006 6:49 PM

There are certain rules in hunting.I'm talking as the only non hunter in the household.The person that goes through all kinds of worries every fall.I always will.Number one is you do not drink and hunt.Ever.I'm not knowing if he did or din't drink.I am thinking this as a member of a hunting household.This is a different kind of hunting then what we're used to as this is more...guarenteed.So to speak.A given kind of hunt.The birds are there and no one has to work too hard to find them.Not sure how much sense that will make to anyone who doesn't hunt themselves. It's a game farm.The birds are raised and let go for a specific reason and a specific time frame.It's a piece of cake in other words.So maybe one would think that they have a litle more leeway as to drinking or a more relaxed attitude towards this type of hunting, then maybe they would if they were out there, actually having to hunt.At our house we don't consider that type of shooting actual hunting.It's shooting.No challange in other words, so no point either.

Posted by: Kay at February 23, 2006 7:38 PM