« Harper's New Blog | Main | Draft Gore? »

April 20, 2006

Take the Quiz

Go take the quiz. Leve a comment and tell us what your score was.

I got:
Your PERSONAL issues Score is 70%.
Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 20%.

Posted by Dave Johnson at April 20, 2006 2:17 PM

Comments

PERSONAL = 90%
ECONOMIC = 30%

Yup, liberal. No shock there.

Posted by: Randy Holm [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 20, 2006 3:33 PM

I came out way, way over in that left hand corner. 90% for Personal, 20% for Economic.

Posted by: MJ [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 20, 2006 4:11 PM

80/20. Pretty stupid test though.

Posted by: richard [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 20, 2006 4:24 PM

I scored 100% personal, 20% economic.

This test is stupid if the person taking it is among the small percentage of American voters who read, think, read some more, than think some more. If, however, the test is given to the typical American voter, I think it would be a fairly useful flash picture of that voter.

Posted by: James E. Powell [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 20, 2006 6:06 PM

60% personal, 20% economic.

Posted by: knras [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 20, 2006 7:16 PM

Dave

Thanks ...Cool little thing

I ended up as "Left Liberal, with the scores

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 80%.
Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 40%.

Peace
JTD

Posted by: TheGarlic [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 20, 2006 7:28 PM

I'm in good company with MJ.

Posted by: grannyinsanity [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 20, 2006 9:03 PM

I am 100 on the personal (at least I'm consistent -- maybe too consistent) and 30 on the Economic.

Posted by: EdSez [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 20, 2006 9:14 PM

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 90%.
Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 30%.

Liberal.

Posted by: Sporkey [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 20, 2006 10:06 PM

90/40. Part of the 18% liberal fringe.

Interesting that Conservatives and Statists (Fascists by another name?) combined don't equal Liberals.

Posted by: paul [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 20, 2006 10:24 PM

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 80%.
Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 20%.

Posted by: Aaron Adams [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 21, 2006 7:25 AM

I got a 80 and 20.
On the personal side I believe that considering a return of national service should be considered a liberal value.
First it would eliminate a military of mercenaries whose highest moral value is to "just obey orders" even when those orders are patently illegal. Remember these merc's are career people and no body in the military gets in trouble for going along ( except when a scapegoat is needed and you are the lowest rank available) but your career is over if you blow the whistle. Even when whistle blowers are proven totally right they are forced out, harassed and penalized.
With a military drawn from civilians who are only their for 2 years people will be more concerned with thier conscience rather then their future promotions. This has been proven repeatedly in history.
Plus in history one sees a repeating pattern that the greatest threats to democracies is a professional/mercenary force. The thuggish minds that attracted to this profession neither believe in or can accept authority with out murder. They must be treated with great care.
A military is a necessary evil but like treating illness's with mild doses of poison or vaccines of weak virus's care must be taken to keep them under very tight and limited control while maintaining them as weak in the public arena.
A citizen army composed in large part of 2 year national service soldiers will go a long way to accomplishing that.

Posted by: rational [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 21, 2006 9:15 AM

80/20 Liberal No surprise here.
I did favor a draft over a volunteer military because the privileged rarely join the military while the poor do out of desperation. Bush's war is a prime example of this as was Vietnam.

Posted by: Michael Prah [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 21, 2006 9:38 AM

I got an 80/50. Centrist/Liberal/Libertarian. That's how I would describe myself. The test is surprisingly accurate, given it's brevity. I've taken similar quizzes with very strange results. It's still a little hokey, but a more sophisticated survey would have produced the same results for me, at least.
And to Michael Prah: How about a means tested draft with only the wealthy having to sign up? The poor already do their part voluntarily. Just an idea.

Posted by: fostert [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 21, 2006 3:43 PM

I come up right at the corner of liberal centrist and libertarian.

But this is a rather simplistic quiz. And it also seems to be designed and worded to tilt people towards libertarians

Posted by: Jason [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 21, 2006 8:09 PM

100 Personal, 20 Economic. How bizarre that they should think that ending handouts to business is anything other than pure lefty. Strange people.

Posted by: Scorpio [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 22, 2006 3:43 PM