« Coulter or Hitler? | Main | Jacksnape »

June 25, 2006

It's all about me

-- by John Emerson

Recently the corporate media have been frothing about us fascist liberal bloggers:

On Thursday, the Washington Post's David Broder rejected "liberal bloggers," claiming that "the blogs I have scanned are heavier on vituperation of President Bush and other targets than on creative thought." Today, the New York Times' David Brooks, while specifically lashing out at Kos, characterized liberal bloggers as "small-minded," and described sites as "squadrons of rabid lambs [who] unleash their venom on those who stand in the way."

Why haven't I been named? I abolished Godwin's Law over a year ago. (Bush is a fascist, that's why). I routinely tell trolls to fuck off and die. Wherever I have found them, I have forthrightly opposed proposals for comity, civility and normal human decency. If anyone's a rabid attack lamb, I am.

But did Brooks name me? Did Broder? Did Zengerle?

No, no, and no.

Instead they went on about some wimpy nice-guys who never even link to me. What's a guy have to do to catch a break around here?

Posted by John Emerson at June 25, 2006 12:04 PM

Comments

Posted by: BadGimp [TypeKey Profile Page] at June 25, 2006 1:00 PM

Yes, the "rabid lambs" comment is definitely "one for the Ages", from David Brooks, that exemplar of faulty prognostication, that dithering corporate filter, who gets things constantly wrong, who subsequently (and sheepishly) cops to his error, and goes on predictably then, to further error.

Brooks is one of the most faulty analysts the world has ever seen; and yet he's a columnist at the NYT.

Posted by: Copeland [TypeKey Profile Page] at June 25, 2006 2:48 PM

If the corporate-funded, right-wing idiots are gonna take off after the bloggers, it's only because we have them right where we want them, ie. concerned, that we are getting thru to Mr. and Mrs. voter. If we were as unimportant as they pretend we are, they wouldn't be bothered.
If Harry Truman were alive today, he'd be writing in the blogs.
In brief, good work and please, keep it up.
Dave Ginsberg

Posted by: Dave Ginsberg [TypeKey Profile Page] at June 26, 2006 6:20 AM

If Harry Truman were alive today....
he'd be 122 years old so his blog-typing skills might be a bit rusty.

Posted by: tomaig [TypeKey Profile Page] at June 26, 2006 6:44 AM

It's a travesty.

Posted by: HappyOD [TypeKey Profile Page] at June 26, 2006 4:39 PM

Years ago, a relative told me that the only way to survive is to make sure anyone who messed with you once, lived to rue the day. In other words, people don't frick with the SOBs; they all gang up on the nice guys.
So they must be afraid of you and the consequences since they did not name you. (BTW, said relative was involved in several fights, including at least one fatality by shotgun in his youth, a stay in the state pen over some misunderstandings, and frontline service during WWI; he was also a very respected and successful businessman as well, having survived being orphaned at a young age and a very wild adolescence and twentysomething period)

Welcome to the SOB club. We are honored to have you as a member.

Posted by: entlord [TypeKey Profile Page] at July 1, 2006 11:30 AM