« Prolonged War | Main | Transparency »

July 9, 2006

Ken Lay

A guy on the radio last night was saying he doesn't believe that Ken Lay is really dead. What do you think?

Posted by Dave Johnson at July 9, 2006 12:23 PM

Comments

No problem. Dig him up and kill him again.

Posted by: richard [TypeKey Profile Page] at July 9, 2006 1:49 PM

perhaps recuperating from plastic surgery in a bunker... or the lincoln bedroom?

Posted by: DeeLuzon [TypeKey Profile Page] at July 9, 2006 1:58 PM

"dig him up"

Can't - they say he was cremated.

Posted by: Dave Johnson [TypeKey Profile Page] at July 9, 2006 2:32 PM

It's true. I saw him swindling Elvis out of half his rhinestones in a Louisville cafe yesterday.

Posted by: secretmojo [TypeKey Profile Page] at July 9, 2006 2:49 PM

My money is on there being no actual Ken Lay corpse.

Has anyone seen it?

I rest my case :p

Posted by: BadGimp [TypeKey Profile Page] at July 9, 2006 3:02 PM

Hot diggety, that cremation was fast! I thought that there would be just the right amount of public deadness to close the deal. Did he get to take everyone's millions with him?

Posted by: grannyinsanity [TypeKey Profile Page] at July 10, 2006 10:28 AM

I think it was the Lars Larsen show that started the idea that Lay is still alive and well living off his ill gotten gains.
The logic is that GWB could not afford to pardon him and even if he did pardon Ken, there were still the fines and penalties he owed. Dying wiped out those obligations. Also, if he spent his time moving his money from US banks to offshore accounts, he would be very well to do indeed.
I want to up the ante, CSI style, and guess the MI and death was a fake but that his family looked at the loot he had stashed and cremated him anyway, still alive and kicking so they get a larger cut.
I think I have a made for TV movie in the works here............

Posted by: entlord [TypeKey Profile Page] at July 11, 2006 11:12 AM