« Libby Gets 30 Months | Main | The REAL Senate Iraq War Vote Was 94-6 »

June 5, 2007

Insurance Companies

Our dental insurance company just surprised us with a new rule (by refusing to pay for something).

While they say they will cover two cleanings per year, the new rule is that they won't pay for any cleanings that are within 6 months of another cleaning, even if you still have only two per year. (This follows several other tricks in the last year or two that have resulted in our having to pay for everything, even though we are insured.)

Note - if you think about it this means that in two years you can only have three cleanings paid for unless you schedule them to the DAY with 6 months on either side...

BIG CLUE - the new California Insurance Commissioner is a Republican.

Additional note - my wife, who is in all other cases against the death penalty is coming around to advocate the death penalty for cases like this.

Posted by Dave Johnson at June 5, 2007 11:44 AM

Comments

So, she'll help me with the guillotine? Great!

Posted by: richard [TypeKey Profile Page] at June 5, 2007 12:12 PM

I'll help with the guillotine, too. I'll catch the heads in a basket and put them on poles.

Posted by: MJ [TypeKey Profile Page] at June 5, 2007 12:21 PM

You have dental insurance? You lucky dog.

Posted by: Charles [TypeKey Profile Page] at June 5, 2007 12:25 PM

I agree. Insurance companies are the instituional scum of the earth. hang'em

Posted by: dr o [TypeKey Profile Page] at June 6, 2007 3:41 PM

I agree. Insurance companies are the institutional scum of the earth. hang'em

Posted by: dr o [TypeKey Profile Page] at June 6, 2007 3:42 PM