« New Republican "NASCAR" Smear On Democrats | Main | The Wiretapping Started BEFORE 9/11 »

October 13, 2007

Which Way Is The Dancer Turning?

Take The Right Brain vs Left Brain test and come back and tell us which way the dancer is spinning.

I saw it going mostly one way at first, but later it would switch back and forth. How about you?

Posted by Dave Johnson at October 13, 2007 8:02 PM

Comments

Really weird! Definitely clockwise for me. I managed to force her to spin the other way for a few seconds, but then she went right back to clockwise spinning.

Posted by: MJ [TypeKey Profile Page] at October 14, 2007 6:30 AM

I played with this for the longest time the other day. I got clockwise, took forever to get counter clockwise but when I did finally, I could switch back and forth pretty easy.

And yes, I did own a bunch of those Magic Eye books until my depth perception went kablooey.

Posted by: Paddy [TypeKey Profile Page] at October 14, 2007 8:26 AM

Clockwise for me. Try as I might, I could not get the dancer to go the other way. Curses! Trapped in a right brain frame of mind.

But I thought I read something recently that debunked or significantly challenged the right brain v. left brain analysis. Anyone else see that?

Posted by: James E. Powell [TypeKey Profile Page] at October 14, 2007 9:40 AM

At first I saw her turning counter clockwise. Now if I look away, suggest a direction to myself, look back out of the corner of my eye, I can then make myself see her turning in either direction. However, I absolutely can not make her change direction while I'm looking at her.

Of all the optical illusions I've seen, this one is the most perplexing. While staring at her spin in one direction, I can not figure out how it is that I could possibly see her spin in the opposite direction.

Posted by: CMike [TypeKey Profile Page] at October 15, 2007 12:40 AM

I started seeing it spinning counter clockwise.

But if I focused on the feet and the shadows of same I could get it to switch quickly.

OK so am I like super weird? Or just a little? :)

Posted by: BadGimp [TypeKey Profile Page] at October 15, 2007 10:40 PM

I can't do it, and I blame Dave for FORCING me to stare at that thing to make it go counter-clockwise!

Posted by: BrianLeubitz [TypeKey Profile Page] at October 16, 2007 10:09 AM