« Question About War Crimes Trial | Main | "Who Sent You?" -- The Coming Attack on Obama »

July 21, 2008

Racist?

Is this headline, Obama’s moneywoman was a subprime mortgage queen, racist? Just asking. I'm thinking it evokes the older "welfare queen" image.

Posted by Dave Johnson at July 21, 2008 3:32 PM

Comments

Posted by: happyfeet at July 22, 2008 2:30 PM

"Seeing the Forest" conjures images of The Black Forest for me. Lawdy.

Posted by: alppuccino at July 22, 2008 2:37 PM

No. But keep trying (on the Obamessiah's behalf) to find racism under every rock, even if it means you have to fabricate it out of thin air.

Posted by: Dave in SoCal at July 22, 2008 2:42 PM

Pointing out the stupidity of your statement = Troll

Posted by: Dave in SoCal at July 22, 2008 2:51 PM

Only if one thinks that all welfare queens are of a certain race.

Posted by: baldilocks [TypeKey Profile Page] at July 22, 2008 3:02 PM

Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of the Communist Party? Just asking. I'm thinking you evoke the McCarthy era with the baseless suggestion that I am a racist for calling a white billionairess instrumental in developing the subprime mortgage mess "queen" of subprime mortgages.

Posted by: Karl at July 22, 2008 3:20 PM

Dave,

I see you're available for speaking engagements. I'm having a birthday party and you know how kids are. You better bring the balloons, JIC.

Posted by: alppuccino at July 22, 2008 3:45 PM

I suppose asking whether "Welfare Queens" is racist as a matter of first impression is out of the question, yes?

What if, as a princess, the future Welfare Queen had married Sir Duke Willard of Hortonshire, First Order of the Rampant Furlough?

Posted by: Alec Leamas at July 22, 2008 4:40 PM

Posted by: Alec Leamas at July 22, 2008 4:42 PM

Obviously Sexist!

Shake your Moneymaker, Michelle and Money Woman!

No other website obsesses over Obama's women more than Protein Wisdom. Spilling manseed under the computer screen is what Protein Wisdom's all about.

And I used to think it was a pun about being a meathead or something?

that troll hat is pretty nifty btw.

Posted by: datadave at July 22, 2008 6:21 PM

Once again physicists are unable to properly measure the velocity of that point zooming past ddave's head.

Here's a clue sparky, it was THIS website that "obsessed" over this particular woman of Obama's. The post over at PW isn't about the woman, it is about the moron who so ineptly tried to play the race card.

Posted by: TomB at July 22, 2008 6:36 PM

tomB...wrong.

I've spent many an hour at PW. A jokey sexist parti atmosphere....and a grand obsession over M.O.

I have a healthy regard for her figure myself. Such an improvement over a Republican first lady. At last someone with sex appeal.

But I obsess over policy differences myself. Health Care, Income Inequality (too extreme as it is but always in existance....but the degree of it is important).

PW doesn't seem to worry about such things...mostly neoconservative jingoism for USA and Israel and little else. Terror! (I'd like to immediately abolish Dept of Homeland Security as the conservatives have been milking 9/11 long enough.) The real Terror is economic terrorism from the Right.

Posted by: datadave at July 23, 2008 8:22 AM

And yet again ddave missed the point.

Posted by: TomB at July 23, 2008 10:31 AM

granted that Obama's closeness to the financial sector is a problem. But with McCain's endorsement of Phil Gramm's Enronization of the economy. There's not much of a choice is there? At least Obama has a hope of changing the dynamics. McBush?

I still think it's a draw, pretty soon the the antiDemocratic machine will get rolling and the polls will even up.

Posted by: datadave at July 25, 2008 5:27 AM