« Question For Today | Main | McCain - The Right People »


August 3, 2008

Does McCain's Ad Imply Obama Is Anti-Christ?

-- by Dave Johnson

The other day I sent people to read about how people are reacting to McCain's ad "The One." I decided to look around the web and see what is circulating about Obama. Well, these people are serious. I posted several links below so you can just go see for yourself. SOME parts of the religious right are serious about this idea that Obama is the "anti-Christ."

In my opinion, the McCain people simply have to know about the stuff that is circulating. If you read some of the stuff you realize that McCain's ad parallels it very closely. It says some of the very same things that the nuts are circulating. So if you are one of the nuts who believes this, you have received validation from the McCain campaign. There is no way around it that the ad is saying to the people receiving the anti-Christ rumors, "Hey, we're with you, we see it, too." It makes you wonder if McCain is trying to provoke the crazies into doing something to Obama.

So here is some of the stuff that is out there. Hold your nose, and be sure to read some of the comments at some of these sites.

Email circulating:


Yahaim wrote:
Obama is the Anti-Christ. This is the evidence:
1.- He will come as a man of Peace (Obama promises peace in Iraq, defeat for the US)
2.- He will come mounted on a white Female horse(Obama mother is white who had 6 African husbands)
3.- He will come to deceive( Obama says he's a Christian but in fact he was born a Muslim, practices the Islamic religion, prays Friday’s facing Mecca)
4.- He will make himself the most powerful man on earth, if elected
5.- He will try to destroy the Jewish People and Israel( Obama has said he loves the Arabs specially the Palestinians, hates Israel and Jews. Admires Hitler, Osama etc)
6.- He will present himself as good and righteous but in fact he's Satan himself. Violence is in his heart
7.- Obama will help Al Qaida in its evil projects.
8.- Barack Hussein Obama is the “King of the South” predicted in the Bible.(Daniel .11, Kenya is south of Jerusalem)
9.- Obama comes to implant muslim Sharia Law upon America.
Obama is the Anti-Christ, beware of him.
Watch him and don't let you be deceived by Him.
Supporters of Obama: 1.5 billion Muslims, Oprah, Louis Farrakanh, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and all American Muslims.
OBAMA’S GAME IS DECEPTION AND VIOLENCE
A VOTE FOR OBAMA IS A VOTE FOR OSAMA AND KILLER ISLAM!!
Barack Obama, Anti-Christ? (be sure to read through some of the 850+ comments)
I’m not the first one to say it, but after recently reading the beginning of the Left Behind series and the entire Christ Clone trilogy, it’s not totally wacky to compare Obama’s rise and public adulation to that of the predicted Anti-Christ’s (at least as described in those books).
Hal Lindsey at WorldNetDaily (right-wing religious types take him seriously): How Obama prepped world for the Antichrist

Could Presidential Candidate Barack Hussein Obama be the "Anti-Christ?"

Do you think Obama is the antichrist?

Barack Obama the Antichrist?

Is Barack Hussein Obama the AntiChrist?

Obama The Antichrist? Hmm.

The Liberal's Agenda - Antichrist or just anti-Christ?

Email circulating:

According to The Book of Revelations, the anti-Christ will be a man, in his 40s, of MUSLIM descent, who will deceive the nations with persuasive language, and have a MASSIVE Christ-like appeal…. the prophecy says that people will flock to him and he will promise false hope and world peace, and when he is in power, will destroy everything ….

Is it OBAMA?? I STRONGLY URGE each one of you to repost this as many times as you can! Each opportunity that you have to send it to a friend or media outlet…do it!

Glenn Beck: 'Is Obama the Antichrist?'

Is Barack Obama the Anti-Christ?

Other progressive bloggers are writing about this:

DailyKos: Obama as Forerunner to the Anti-Christ

DailyKos: McCain's Left Behind Attack


Discourse.net: New Low For McCain Campaign: Obama == The Anti-Christ

BeliefNet: New McCain Ad Implies Obama is the Anti-Christ?

Sadly, No! The Ol’ Dog Whistle Becomes An Air Raid Siren

Blog for Our Future: The Second Coming of Barack Obama

Street Prophets: New McCain Ad Depicts Obama As The Anti-Christ

Here are some of the videos circulating:

Posted by Dave Johnson at August 3, 2008 1:50 PM

Trackback Pings

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.seeingtheforest.com/cgi-bin/mt/mt-t.fcgi/3970


Comments

there is no hope for this nation

Posted by: distributorcap at August 3, 2008 2:43 PM

there is no hope for this nation with people like these calling him the antichrist and actually believing it

Posted by: distributorcap at August 3, 2008 2:43 PM

I don't think we have to worry that those people will be reading this blog.

I hope Obama doesn't try to play pious and holy, but instead mocks the Rethugs on their ploy. Americans love humor most of all.

Democrats need to learn that. If Gore loosened up and showed a little more humor than his smiling frat boy opponent we might not have been in the current mess. I believe GW won the humor contest and Obama is treading water on that one. McCain's got some ready one-liners I am sure.

Obama people, hope you loosen Barack up!

Go Obama!

Posted by: datadave at August 3, 2008 4:15 PM

Nice work, Dave.

It's apparently not occurred to any of these "biblical scholars" that Revelation could not have predicted that the antichrist would be a MUSLIM (sic) -- because Revelation was written at least a couple of centuries before Muhammed was born.

That shows the level of intelligence of the people who will be choosing our next president.

Be afraid, America. Be very afraid.

Posted by: Sara Robinson at August 3, 2008 4:36 PM

Well I went to the first Anti-Obama scare site

listed http://o.bamapost.com/,

On the left side of the screen is a list of alleged supporters of Obama. There they list the Socialist Pary USA, and because I am familiar with alot of the socialist left and that organization in particular, and which organizations usually support the Democratic Party candidates and which don't, I strongly suspected they got it wrong when they listed the Socialist Pary USA, which usually runs their own candidates. Sure enough, a quik trip to the Socialist Party USA website, hit a link there,
(http://www.sp-usa.org/_
and confirmed what I already thought was likely so. No mention of Obama, and they are running their own candidates!
http://www.votesocialist2008.org/
Can't these people at least do the easiest of fact checking?

Posted by: Sheldon at August 3, 2008 10:15 PM

2.- He will come mounted on a white Female horse(Obama mother is white who had 6 African husbands)
I don't think I could fully unpack the reams of wacky racist sexuality implicit in that bit, no matter how long you gave me.

Posted by: grendelkhan at August 4, 2008 10:21 AM

And don't forget, Sara, to these Bible Scholars, Jesus was a white man, spoke English, and the entire Bible (Torah included) was originally written in English.

Don't underestimate the ignorance of people that have decided to be as ignorant as possible, especially home-schooled christians.

Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side.

Posted by: Comrade Rutherford at August 4, 2008 11:17 AM

Umm... so look, normally I'm as into rational argument as the next guy, but...

> It's apparently not occurred to any of these "biblical scholars"
> that Revelation could not have predicted that the antichrist
> would be a MUSLIM (sic) -- because Revelation was written at
> least a couple of centuries before Muhammed was born.

See, the point of prophecy is to foretell the future. So if you believe in biblical prophecy, then your argument becomes totally nonsensical. (Say, for example, it said that the antichrist would be a 'follower of Muhammed', and nobody knew who Muhammed was.) If you don't believe in biblical prophecy, then your argument is equally nonsensical: the idea that it predicts anything at all is silly, and therefore the idea that it predicts that the antichrist would be a Muslim is no more silly than any other part of it.

Mind you, I don't believe in biblical prophecy. But that is a classic post-hoc argument.

-fred

Posted by: Fred Fnord at August 4, 2008 2:29 PM

Your argument would hold water, Fred, if the name Mohamed was written in Revelations. It is not.

The "biblical scholars" are counting on the fact that most of these wackos haven't read a single book of the bible, and certainly not Revelations.

But why would Obama being the Anti-Christ be a problem? The Anti-Christ must come to power before Christ returns. Or is their faith so weak that they know they won't make the cut?

Posted by: Lmaris at August 4, 2008 5:24 PM

Honestly, bush fits the bill, especially in the following conditions.

1.- He will come as a man of Peace (Bush promised peace around the world.)
3.- He will come to deceive (nuff said)
4.- He will make himself the most powerful man on earth, if elected
6.- He will present himself as good and righteous but in fact he's Satan himself. Violence is in his heart
7.- He will help Al Qaida in its evil projects. (actually the most telling. Because of bush, Osama got SO MUCH MORE bang for his buck. With just a handful of men he not only killed 3k+ americans and cost us a few billion in damage, with bush's predictable reaction, he got another 4k soldiers, an infinate training and recruitment ground and America's great economy laid low (trillions). Even Osama himself has boasted on video of this.

Posted by: Talphon at August 4, 2008 7:01 PM

Lmaris,
I believe many of the folks that believe this type of 'prophesy' have indeed read Revelation, and BTW it is Revelation, not Revelations, there is no s at the end of that book of the Bible.
The problem is, that many of them listen to the people who interpret the Bible more than they read. They have some sort of idea that the folks that stand up and preach about what the Bible supposedly says, know more than anyone else, even if many are not actually theologians. Most good theologians will admit that they do not KNOW anymore than anyone else, but are instead guessing about the meanings contained in the Bible.
There are so many differing opinions as to meanings that it is impossible to come to a consensus regarding many of the meanings contained within the Bible.
The fact that there were a number of books left out of the Bible and that there was so much disagreement as to whether or not to include Revelation within the Bible is proof that there was, is and always will be disagreement regarding this book.
Hopefully, the majority of people will see through this attempt to make Obama into the anti-Christ, just as those who believe him to be the savior of America.
The only thing that will save our country is the people within it standing up for what they know is good and just.
Blessings and Peace!

Posted by: Peaceseeker at August 4, 2008 7:28 PM

Post a comment

Thanks for signing in, . Now you can comment. (sign out)

(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)


Remember me?



Email this entry to:


Your email address:


Message (optional):


Return to main page