September 10, 2008
-- by Dave Johnson
Reagan picked up where Nixon left off, with no apologies. Bush I picked up from there. And then George W. Bush was literally a corporate coup taking on democracy itself. But McCain? The campaign HE is running? The absolute lies? It's beyond even George W Bush!
Josh Marshall, Unfit for High Office,
It's easy to get twisted up in your head about strategy and message and optics. But what is already apparent is that John McCain is running the sleaziest, most dishonest and race-baiting campaign of our lifetimes. So let's stopped being shocked and awed by every new example of it. It is undignified. What can we do? We've got a dangerously reckless contender for the presidency and a vice presidential candidate who distinguished her self by abuse of office even on the comparatively small political stage of Alaska. They've both embraced a level of dishonesty that disqualifies them for high office. Democrats owe it to the country to make clear who these people are. No apologies or excuses. If Democrats can say at the end of this campaign that they made clear exactly how and why these two are unfit for high office they can be satisfied they served their country.Update - Andrew Sullivan:
In the end, his [McCain's] final concern is not national security. No one who cares about national security would pick as vice-president someone who knows nothing about it as his replacement. No one who cares about this country's safety would gamble the security of the world on a total unknown because she polled well with the Christianist base. ...
McCain has demonstrated in the last two months that he does not have the character to be president of the United States.
Posted by Dave Johnson at September 10, 2008 8:15 AM
SEVEN THINGS GOD HATES:
These six things the Lord hates, indeed, seven are an abomination to Him:
A proud look [the spirit that makes one overestimate himself and underestimate others]
A lying tongue
Hands that shed innocent blood
A heart that manufactures wicked thoughts and plans
Feet that are swift in running to evil
A false witness who breathes out lies [even under oath]
And he who sows discord among his brethren.
Posted by: janicegwashington at September 11, 2008 8:32 AM
In the Name of Christianity? Qualified to be the Commander-in-Chief and Leader of the "Free" World? Ask and resolve within yourselves the following (In no particular order): Tell me again why someone would vote for this incompetent administration and its so-called leaders, criminals and co-conspirators?
1. Forewarned about an impending terrorist attack using commercial aircraft AND DID NOTHING
2. Did NOTHING for 7 minutes after news of actual terrorist attack
3. Squandered opportunities to capture Osama bin-Laden in Afghanistan DUE TO ABSOLUTE PRIDE AND INCOMPETENCE
4. Iraq War waged against a Country THAT WAS NOT A THREAT TO THE UNITED STATES
5. LIED about Weapons of Mass Destruction
6. CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY
7. Hundreds of thousands of lost lives between U.S. military and Iraqi civilians
8. Scooter Libby (defamed crook and liar that sold out Valerie Plame)
9. Tom DeLay (defamed crook under Bush Administration)
10. Karl Rove (Grand Wizard and full of hate)
11. KEATING FIVE (McCriminal fraud and ethics investigation helped to bring down entire Savings & Loan industry)
12. Jack Abramoff (convicted criminal lobbyist)
13. McCriminal leaves his ailing wife for a beauty queen (daughter of mob boss Lou Hensley who had ties with Bonano Mafioso)
14. McCriminal sells out America for a beauty queen (Palin – clearly unqualified and a She Devil)
15. Rick Davis (election not on issues, but personalities – well, there goes America !)
16. McCriminal parties with now convicted Raffaello Follieri (Actress Anne Hathaways former boyfriend) on birthday August 2006
17. McCriminal and W celebrate McCriminal’s birthday while thousands were being swept up and left to die or starve during Hurricane Katrina.
18. HURRICANE KATRINA
19. McCriminal could not (and still cannot) remember his voting record on issues related to women
20. McCriminal voted against his own peers on nearly (if not all) issues related to improving the lives of veterans. This is despicable, even for the most hardened hearted person.
Posted by: janicegwashington at September 12, 2008 8:03 AM
When does being a governor or mayor for a short period of time not disqualify your credentials on national security? When you are John McCain and your task is to defend your vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin.
When does being a governor or mayor for a short period of time ABSOLUTELY disqualify your credentials on national security? When you are John McCain and your task is to defeat primary opponents Mitt Romney and Rudy Giuliani.
Back in October 2007, when McCain's candidacy still appeared dead and buried, the Senator berated the two Republican front runners for lacking the necessary political experience to handle commander in chief responsibilities.
"I have had a strong and a long relationship on national security, I've been involved in every national crisis that this nation has faced since Beirut, I understand the issues, I understand and appreciate the enormity of the challenge we face from radical Islamic extremism," the Senator declared. "I am prepared. I am prepared. I need no on-the-job training. I wasn't a mayor for a short period of time. I wasn't a governor for a short period of time."
Search it out.
Posted by: janicegwashington at September 12, 2008 8:43 AM
Post a comment
Thanks for signing in, . Now you can comment. (sign out)(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)