« California Republicans Admit Taxes Needed - Still Refuse To Allow Them | Main | Repubilcans Sabotaging Solutions -- Why? »

December 17, 2008

What About 9/11?

Bush says 'no debate' about his keeping US safe.

Safe? SAFE? What about 9/11? We lost the World Trade Center and more than 3,000 lives! That's not SAFE! That's about as big a failure to keep us safe as can be imagined!

Posted by Dave Johnson at December 17, 2008 4:34 PM

Comments

But how on earth was Georgey to prevent such a calamity? It's not like there was a memo indicating Bin Laden was determined to strike in the U.S....

Posted by: Brian Krenz at December 17, 2008 6:19 PM

Where you been? He got a do-over.

Posted by: paulo at December 17, 2008 7:45 PM

I live within walking distance of where the twin towers were. I sat out front with a neighbor and watched them fall. Most of the pets in this area died within a few months afterwards, I won't go into the details of how those in this area suffered, both physically and mentally, for months afterward -- bad health, no transportation, etc. Bush probably couldn't have prevented this but why this was an excuse to attack Iraq but never bother to find out who had done this is beyond my understanding.

Posted by: Meryl Johnson at December 17, 2008 9:58 PM

Posted by: Meryl Johnson at December 17, 2008 10:00 PM

Then we had the anthrax attacks. The attacks on Congress were sent to Senator Daschle and Senator Leahy.

Posted by: John at December 18, 2008 7:36 PM